Friday, July 2, 2010

The Marmotte is underway!

I am not sure why I am doing this now- I think it is because I am so incredibly nervous!! I have just returned from the Marmotte start - it was amazing seeing 7000 riders all lined up on the narrow streets! I think I am more nervous (or as nervous) when Jase and my friends are racing, than when I am racing myself! I think it's also worse because nothing is in my control - I simply have to wait (7.45 hours +) - aaaaahhhhhhhh!!!

Everyone seemed pretty relaxed down at the start though and all got away smoothly. I did see one of my former patients from Christchurch at the start, which was quite funny in a sea of probably mainly Dutch men, so went up and said hello. I also managed to see 4 girls in total - although I am sure there are more - I am just not impressed by this at all. Where are they?

Well not much more to report - I will send an update sometime after the finish. Jase and I are heading to Paris tomorrow morning for 4 days - to meet the Gerries, Mum, and Christine - so that should be fun.

My cell phone has also been located - Matt had left it in the van of the couple who gave them a lift off the Galibier in the bad weather. The phone is now being sent to the local post office, so I should have it when we are back from Paris if anyone needs to contact me.

Time to twiddle my thumbs...
J

1 comment:

  1. Hey George,

    Good to hear everyone got away OK at the start. I txt'd the 'Tour de France' trainees about 5am your time but not sure who's roaming and who's got new local numbers. Hope there weren't to many nerves this morning. There are three webcams in action on the course, one at the start, another at Valloire and the last at Alpe d'Huez but none of them seem to be working right now.

    Cheers,

    Dean and Sara

    Cheers,

    Dean

    ReplyDelete