Wednesday, July 28, 2010

French Riviera - Part 2

































Bonjour All,

The top 3 photos are of the Gorges du Verdon (as mentioned last time).

Well all of our friends and family have left us now. Mum and Chrisitine left for 2 days in Geneva on Saturday. That morning, Mum, Christine and I went parasailing. Mum had made the comment to me the day before that she thought it might be "a bit tame". I agreed wholeheartedly with this but we thought we would do it anyway. Well as it turns out I found it pretty damn scary! We got off to a good start with our boat driver as he was wearing a NZ cap. We told him we were from NZ which put us on the right foot straight away - we ended up with a 30mins ride instead of the usual 10mins trip! We actually went up pretty high - it sure was a long way down and I didn't feel too secure in my oversized harness. I felt like it would be really easy to climb out of it if I had wanted to. We were taken down and dunked in the water several times (just as an aside, wearing a bikini for this one is not ideal!) which was awesome fun. Mum and Christine were not even slightly concerned about the height and were even taking their hands off to point at things - not me though - my arms were so sore afterwards from hanging on for dare life! Jase took the photos of us above in the boat and in the parasail. Awesome views up there!

Since then we have just really chilled out at the beach. I swam 3.2km in the open water the other day. I look like a bit of a nutter swimming with a pool buoy between my legs but c'est la vie! Jase comes with me for some of it - he generally kicks my butt for 5mins then he's stuffed and can't go on! I think his bike training hasn't translated!

Tomorrow night we will head to Cannes for the fireworks display (let's hope we have gotten the day and time right this time!). On Saturday we head to the Costa Brava.

Au revior pour maintenant
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment