Monday, May 3, 2010

Freedom!

Hi everyone
Well the weather has taken a turn for the worst! Last Thursday was 27 degrees. Since then it has been between 13-17 degrees! It has also rained everyday... but never fear, today we picked up our car! Freedom at last! Unfortunately my legs are playing up a bit worse than before (think it may be walking up the hills here - and the fact that we are staying 1/2 way up a big hill), so I have had to can the walking as well for now. I have been confined to the indoors, and those who know me well (ie mum and dad) will know how I become after several days locked inside!

The Durbach outdoor pool is now open, and I have made 2 trips down to the pool.... and no actual trips past the gate as yet! I am really keen to do some exercise, but apparently the pool is not heated, and I struggle to get into an outdoor non heated pool in 13 degrees and rain! - especially since I only have a bikini, and I am not a huge fan of swimming anyway! I am going crazy though and feel like a fat blob (probably also thanks to my new found liking of nutella! - Lance eats it though so it must be good!). Now that we have the car I will head into the Offenburg indoor pool tomorrow.

Jase is off riding in the rain as we speak - he is enjoying his riding but says he is looking forward to having some others to ride with - so is really looking forward to the Hoppers and the dawn Possum negotiator (aka Jones) coming over.

Last Friday we caught the train to Freiberg (1hr south of here). It was cold and wet, but it was good to have a look around somewhere different. Freiberg is a Uni town right on the edge of the black forest. Saturday it was raining again, so we were a bit slow moving. Jase headed out on his 4 hr ride in the afternoon, while I walked to the pool and back (!!). I ended up very disgruntled with myself, so forced myself to have a 4hr French lesson! I am picking it up very slowly, but today when we went into Strasbourg to get the car, I was surprised at how much I had actually learnt. Better not talk it up too much - I still have a long way to go! I did manage to ask for 2 tickets to the airport however! As our train crossed over the Rheine and into France, I told Jase I was "in my element" - probably a stupid move as from then on he made me do all the talking!

Jase is working tomorrow from here, so I will be out swimming, and negotiating driving on the right hand side of the road again - god help us all!

I will get Jase to attach some photos of Freiberg... I really must learn to do it myself - but with my recent upgraded effort on technology (eg facebook, blogging), I think I have reached capacity for now!

Thanks for the message Dean and Sara - but do you seriously think Jase will lend me his garmin (?!!). I will hopefully get to Moostrum - just need to be kind to my legs for now.

Christine, and the rest of the peleton: you heard it here first - the Cervelo actually can get wet!

Hope all is well back home - the weather sure sounds better than here! (for now!)
Jeanette

1 comment:

  1. Love reading your blogs George - keep going! Good luck with the driving on the right - I think I'd be dreadful at that!!
    You should get yourself a GPS, I think you'd like the challenge of caching.
    Take care,
    Sara

    ReplyDelete