Thursday, April 29, 2010

Guten tag from Durbach









Guten tag

We are enjoying our time here in Durbach - especially with the heat wave they are experiencing for this time of year - today was 27 degrees! The sun is way different from our sun though - I was in a singlet all day baring my lilly white shoulders and barely changed colour. It is supposed to rain for the next 3-4 days though, so tomorrow we are catching the train to Strassbourg (in France - about 25km away).

Jase has been enjoying getting some time on his bike - he has explored heaps of the region and has even found a 10km climb not too far away. I fill up my time by walking (exploring the black forest) and learning French. I have decided I might have to give up on running for the time being - It just makes me feel so sick.

Today I set off for a short walk. My legs were a bit dodgey after running for an hour yesterday (stupid I know). I took the map but most people who know me well, know I am not the best with maps. I got pretty lost and my short walk ended up being 3.5hrs. I did have the map but it didn't help - probably because I don't orientate the map to where I am - I tend to find orientating the map to be disorientating for me! It is more fun to wing it anyway. My goal is to walk to 'Moostrum' - a peak 11km from here but I will wait until I have had a few days in the pool so my legs are good for that one. You can see the monument on Moostrum in the first photo above.

The outdoor heated pool opens on Saturday - our 'guest card' that we got because we are staying here entitles us to free entry so that is pretty good. I find swimming incredibly boring but it will have to do to stimulate my endorphins!

Not much more to report - we are planning another visit to the Winestube restaurant this weekend for steak, onions, chips, and salad. It was the best meal we reckon we had ever had when we had it last week (although we were starving at the time!).

Jase will attach some more photos - all were taken on my walks.

Hope you are all well
Jeanette and Jase

1 comment:

  1. Hey George,

    Here's a great chance to do some geocaching, check out the following link, it shows a whole bunch of caches in your area, including a mystery cacch on the 'Moostrum', you'll need to register on the site to get the actual lat/long coordinates...

    http://www.geocaching.com/map/default.aspx?lat=48.470417456284416&lng=8.040790557861328&zm=13&mt=p

    You might have to 'borrow' Jase's Garmin :-)

    Cheers,

    Dean and Sara

    ReplyDelete