Sunday, May 30, 2010

Photos at last!















Bonjour everyone

Well here are some more photos at last. There are some of the scenery and of Jase riding on his long rides where I act as Johan Bruneel in the car - providing advice (always wanted of course!), directions (not always accurate as Saturday's ride proved!), and the always appreciated bottles and food! There is also a shot of how I am spending some of my time - French lessons and French wine (well 1 glass or the lessons would turn to custard!). There is also a shot of Jase's feet after his 1 hr run in bare feet on tarseal (although it is not too clear), and a shot of his split tyre - dodgey man!

Jase arrived back from the UK late (midnight) on Wednesday night. I stayed up and practised my French until he arrived. I can't believe how hard it is to pick it up - I have spent so many hours on it and still can't seem to manage a conversation (although I guess I am still in Germany - that is an estimated comment!). On Thursday Jase had a work meeting here - so I again made myself scarce by going to the pool for Thurday's "oldie's day". The pool was more crowded than ever and I got booted in the stomach by some old timer doing breastroke as usual. The man from Atlantis was there again and kept me amused - although I was a bit wary when he took to the surface and began leaping off the diving board, missing people by a fraction each time. Truth be known, I was more concerned that his speedos would dislodge as he surfaced!

After the pool it was the usual coffee stop, before heading home to try out my French with David, who is always happy to help. Jase's meeting continued until around 4pm so I sat outside with the ipod practising my French, and sincerely hoping that no-one could hear me. That night it was back to the Weinstube for the usual steak and onions.

Friday I returned to the pool. My shoulders were pretty tired but I made myself go as the warm indoor pool is only open Tues-Fri. That means 3 days of being sedentary over the weekend - grrrr. I managed 11km with my pool buoy this week - I will have shoulders like Arnie at the end of this!

Saturday was a long ride for Jase, with me in the car. I don't think he was too impressed when I directed him down a long valley 4.5hrs in, only to tell him we had gone the wrong way and he had to climb back out again!

We head to the French Alpes (Bourg d'Oisans) on Tuesday, and have our fingers crossed that the sun will be out at last!

Au revior
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment