Monday, June 18, 2012

London










Our final destination on Mum's 4.5 week trip was London.  Wow - not exactly Menorca weather I have to say!  It was like returning to a mild NZ winter!  We had a good 4 days, and stayed with Jase's rellies Brian and Sandy which is always good fun.  London was great to visit to get some 'normality' with the language and the food, but I am really not a big city person.  It was just so busy and chaotic in the city.

We enjoyed all the tourist sights and did the London Eye (thanks Pauline and Lex!).  Also went to Harrods, Madame Tussauds (thanks CW! - and as you can see, Mum finally caught up with George!), and even got to see a show (The Lion King) which was absolutely amazing.  Got to eat heaps of what we call 'normal' food, like lamb, steak, gluten free brownies etc!!

I also visited a Sports Physician whilst in London.  He referred me for an XRAY, MRI, and another couple of things.  It is looking like I will be back in London very soon for shoulder surgery.  Unbelievable!  I am just so lucky to have Brian and Sandy up there.

Last night was a sad farewell to Mum in Terminal 3 of Heathrow.  She will most likely be landing in Singapore about now...  She is looking forward to getting home, but I think she is a little concerned about the cold weather you are having!  It was probably a good transition going from London to NZ.  I imagine it would have been alot harder going from Menorca weather to NZ winter!

Adios for now
J

No comments:

Post a Comment