Friday, April 20, 2012

Cesky Krumlov











Dobry den.  We have had a busy couple of weeks over here.  On Sunday Jase's Aunty, Uncle and cousin (Sandy, Brian and Wills) flew over from London to stay with us for 4 nights.  Unfortunately the weather didn't play ball on Sunday and Monday but the rest of the week was pretty good.  On Sunday we took them to see the local castles (Karlstejn, and Krivoklat), followed of course by dinner at Fabianos.  On Monday Jase went to work, and the rest of us set off into Prague after a late start (with runs, bike rides etc).  It was a pretty damp dreary day, but we got most of the sights in, and also a 2hr stop at Costa Coffee!  Jase came and met us after work, and it was dinner at the Hard Rock Cafe (whereby Brian now owes me a trip to Hawaii for correctly predicting the next song and singer!). 


Mid morning on Tuesday (thanks to me holding everyone up with my training!) we all (including Jase who took a couple of days off work) headed down to a cool little place that Sandy had booked in the south near the Austrian border, called Cesky Krumlov.  It was an awesome wee town (all the photos above are taken in the town), and it is now a World Heritage sight.  Boy was it chilly down there though!  We had a good look around the town on both days, went up the tower, into the castle, etc etc.  Our sightseeing was regularly interspersed with food and coffee stops - often just to warm up inside!  I have to say I had the best steak I have had since being here in Cesky Krumlov - I now ask for 'well done' and it seems to come out just as I like it - medium!  I would hate to think what I would get if I asked for rare - probably a slice straight from the cow!

Yesterday Jase went back to work, and the rest of us headed back into Prague for a day of sightseeing in the dry.  Much more pleasant!  Another long stop at Costa Coffee, much to my liking!  While there I had a chat to 2 kiwi women (there aren't many of us kiwi's in these parts so it was pretty exciting) - they had been here for 5 days and were off to Budapest today.  They couldn't believe how great the Cz coffee was - I didn't have the heart to tell them Costa is from the UK!  (well I think it is anyway). 

Brian, Sandy and Wills flew back to London last night so things are a little quiet around here today!  I have been busy cleaning my bike and getting ready to leave for Teplice (90mins North of here by the German border), where I am going to do my first mtb race in a good 8 weeks!  The fracture will have healed now, but the rotator cuff tear still causes me a bit of grief.  Good enough to race though with it strapped up, and I will just take things somewhat conservatively on the technical sections. 

Last week I joined two Cz guys (both mtb marathon racers) for a mtb in the park near us.  It was great fun, and they sure pushed me along, so hopefully they will speed me up!  They speak really good English and are both really nice (have to say that as Michael reads this!!!) - good to also see a male who is slower at changing a tube than me!!

Well that is all for now.  I couldn't be bothered trying to sort the photos neatly side by side (and lets face it, I still don't really know how to!).  I can't get too tricky anyway - I have already outdone myself with this fancy centering!!
Hope you are all well
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment