Saturday, March 17, 2012

Back in Prague!

Hi there
Well I finally made it - the journey back here sure is a long one!  I arrived at 9.15pm on Friday night to a balmy 14 degrees!  Then yesterday it was sunny and 20 degrees!

Yesterday we went and had a luke warm Starbucks (had forgotten about those!) and then did the groceries.  Was a bit of a challenge to steer Jase clear of the sweet and sour sauces (he has been having sweet and sour chicken, veges and rice every night for the past 7 weeks!! - oh unless he forgets to defrost the chicken, in which case it is cereal for tea! - hilarious - he has lost so much weight!!).  He did advise me that there were 5 jars in the cupboard at home, so he thought there would be enough!

Then in the afternoon we went into Prague for a cruise around and another coffee at Costa (much much better!).  That night it was birthday celebration time since Jase's birthday was on Tuesday.  Christine had given us money for dinner at 'Fabiano's' - our local.  Very nice - but later that night Jase informed me that he was starting to miss his sweet and sour chicken as he hadn't had it for 2 nights!!! 

This morning I woke at 4.40am - I thought this was due to my broken shoulder as it wakes me quite a bit..... no such luck - turns out it was indeed jet lag, and I have been awake ever since.  Managed to stay in bed until 6am before my stomach was screaming out for food.

Jase has to work in Switzerland on Wednesday, so I am heading over to Zurich with him.  I think we are there for 2 nights, so will be good to have a brief look at the city.  Last time I was there was in 1998, and we were only there really briefly.

Well that's about all for now
Narskaladano
Jeanette

No comments:

Post a Comment