Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Back on the bike??









I am allowed back outside on my bike!!!   Yay!!  Brief excitement (1 week) ended with the weather packing a sad (see photos!).  I can't believe how cold it has become - the day these photos were taken we never actually reached 0 degrees!  Apparently this is not even cold yet.  I hope it doesn't get too much colder before we head home for xmas!  The snow has gone from the roads now, but so far it is just far too cold for me to get back out there.  Tomorrow the forecast is for a high of 6 degrees (that is now considered warm), so I may get out on my bike tomorrow...

The surgeon was really happy with my shoulder.  The Ultra Sound Scan showed that the everything is intact and looking good, other than some subacromial bursitis that may need injecting when I am home.  He thought it was too early to put a steroid injection into my shoulder at this point.  Fingers crossed it settles with strengthening.

While in London I stocked up with gluten free food (see first photo).  The red meat here in the Czech Republic is not what we are used to (I think we are very lucky with the meat we get back home).  You can get good steak here but it costs an arm and a leg.  Hence the pre-packaged gluten free meat packs (Durham County Meatballs, Tees Valley Chilli Con Carne, Tees Valley Bolognaise) - they are delicious.  I hardly took any clothes to London (well I was only there for 2 nights) so I could fit more food into my suitcase.  I managed to get 8kgs of food into my suitcase and 12kgs of food into my hand luggage.  I was a little nervous going through security with my hand luggage packed to the brim with gluten free meat packs, but I sailed through no problems at all.  I didn't even set the metal detector off this time (I have somehow done so every trip I have been on in the last wee while!).

Not too much more to report for now.  Just keeping warm and eating our meat packs!  Oh and the cursory indoor trainer... 

See you all soon!
J

No comments:

Post a Comment